OUT OF THE BLUE
To be honest I didn't know if I was going to do anything with this movie. I haven't seen it and I don't know if I plan to. (I might)
Karl Urban as DAVID GRAY
Out of the Blue is a 2006 New Zealand film directed by Robert Sarkies and starring Karl Urban. The film premiered at the 2006 Toronto Film Festival in Canada and was released in New Zealand on October 12th 2006 to minor controversy. The film has since grossed well over $1 million at the New Zealand box-office taking it into the top ten highest grossing local films.
The film is based on the Aramoana Massacre that occurred over a period of two days on 13 November and 14 November 1990. Resident David Gray, an unemployed gun collector, went on a rampage in which he shot 13 people dead, before Gray himself was shot by police.
The film deals with violence in a realistic but restrained way.
The effect the film has on its audience is likely to depend on the circumstances of the viewer. Mr Hastings said “for some of those closely involved in the events it portrays the film may be upsetting and traumatic. Other people may view it as a sensitive portrayal of the responses of ordinary people to horrific events.” - Wikipedia
- Karl Urban - First Post
- Karl Urban - The Two Towers - Second Post
- Karl Urban - The Return of the King - Third Post
- Karl Urban - The Bourne Supremacy - Fourth Post
- Karl Urban - The Chronicles of Riddick - Fifth Post
- Karl Urban - Doom - Sixth Post
- Karl Urban - Pathfinder - Seventh Post
- Karl Urban - Comanche Moon - Eighth Post