Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Karl Urban - Out of the Blue - Ninth Post

OUT OF THE BLUE

To be honest I didn't know if I was going to do anything with this movie. I haven't seen it and I don't know if I plan to. (I might)

Karl Urban as DAVID GRAY

Out of the Blue is a 2006 New Zealand film directed by Robert Sarkies and starring Karl Urban. The film premiered at the 2006 Toronto Film Festival in Canada and was released in New Zealand on October 12th 2006 to minor controversy. The film has since grossed well over $1 million at the New Zealand box-office taking it into the top ten highest grossing local films.

The film is based on the Aramoana Massacre that occurred over a period of two days on 13 November and 14 November 1990. Resident David Gray, an unemployed gun collector, went on a rampage in which he shot 13 people dead, before Gray himself was shot by police.

The film deals with violence in a realistic but restrained way.


The effect the film has on its audience is likely to depend on the circumstances of the viewer. Mr Hastings said “for some of those closely involved in the events it portrays the film may be upsetting and traumatic. Other people may view it as a sensitive portrayal of the responses of ordinary people to horrific events.” - Wikipedia

2 comments:

Lori-ann said...

Ok, that first picture is ... for lack of better words... HOT! A really good picture. I had no idea he was in so many movies.

Unknown said...

I think I'll pass on this one. But that's okay, there are plenty more movies to choose from.