Monday, October 19, 2009

When Is Your *Up* Time?

MAKING YOUR BIORHYTHM WORK FOR YOU

When is your best creative time?

Mine? Early in the morning.

I'm talking *early*. I'm the widest awake at 4:00 am. If I ignore it and turn back over in bed I lose that time. It's almost like I have to wait until the next day. So I have to make certain I don't sabotage my day.

Going back to sleep isn't the only way I can lose my creative time.

I can get lost in checking email, reading and commenting on blogs, checking out Twitter and Facebook. If I go vote on Ourstage I can be there for hours. There's Myspace and on and on and on. Not to mention Spider Solitaire, etc.

So what happens when I do all that during my creative time?

I lose the time and my biorhythm goes back to sleep. Then I beat my head against the wall trying to pound out something that sounds good.

Mostly it doesn't.

I found out the hard way I can't cheat, trick, or worst of all, ignore my biorhythm.

It's my partner.
I need to at least acknowledge it's there.

I found a free site where a person can check every day if you want to know what your rhythm is. [FREE Biorhythm Readings]

Only I really don't understand it.

But I like this site because it doesn't matter that I don't understand the biorhythm charts. There are several other methods provided for figuring out my optimal creative time, such as Tarot, Runes, I Ching, Numerology, and -- my favorite -- Coin Flip. (I think I'm going to use this one the most. Question - Do I write today or not?)

I could always go by the stars. Though it's a mystery to me how orbs of gas very far away have any effect on our lives here. But many believe in it.

"Astrology is based upon both Time as well as Place of birth. The planetary positions are calculated as a function of Time while the directional cross and the segmentation of the Houses are entirely dependent on Place. Thus an Astrological Chart is created from a point of intersection between Time and Place."
[The Premise of Astrological Theory]

UM... oooookay.

How ever you come up with your best time to write, compose, paint, or whatever else you do, my advise is -- don't waste that time by doing other things. Or you could be spending your time like I do on those days--staring instead of working.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting concept. I'd never heard of biorhythm before.

ali cross said...

LOL I SO hear you on that Deborah!

My best time is later afternoon. Like between 2 and 4 o'clock. Seriously, if I don't write during that time, I'm toast. And if I DO write during that time, I'm uber productive. Even now, an hour and a half away from write-time, I can feel it coming and the process has already begun to awaken within me, kwim?

BUT it's also the best time to clean my house. Because there just isn't any other time beside that time to do it. And so it's super tempting, every day, to clean my house instead of write. I don't mean that I WANT to clean during that time, only that it needs to get done OCCASIONALLY, lol.

Today, I suspect it will not though. Today, I MUST write.

Good blog! Oh and I love your bloggy voice. Very cool :)