Wednesday, October 28, 2009

People Some of My Friends have Missed

MY YOUNGER FRIENDS DON'T KNOW THESE

It's hard to believe these are already a part of ancient history.

Buffy, the Vampire Slayer: television series (1997-2003)
Sarah Michelle Gellar

At the young age of 16, Buffy was chosen to hunt vampires, demons, and the forces of darkness.
In every generation there is a chosen one... she alone will stand against the vampires, the demons and the forces of darkness. She is the slayer and saves the world...a lot. [IMDB.COM]

Interview with the Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles (1994)
Louis De Pointe Du Lac
Brad Pitt

Vampire Louis de Pointe du Lac has decided to tell his story to writer Daniel Malloy how he became a vampire in 1791 at the age of 24 and what it's been like living for 200 years, an epic story of love, betrayal, loneliness, and hunger.

The Crow
Brandon Lee

The Crow is a comic book series created by James O'Barr. It was adapted into a film in 1994. Three film sequels, a television series and numerous books and comic books have also been produced. The story revolves around an unfortunate young man named Eric Draven. He and his fiancée, Shelly, are assaulted by a gang of street thugs after their car breaks down. Eric is shot in the head and is paralyzed, and can only watch as Shelly is savagely beaten and raped. They're then left for dead on the side of the road. He is resurrected by a Crow and seeks vengeance on the murderers.

The character has since become a cult icon of modern Goth culture.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

interesting...

Anonymous said...

Hey, I knew all three. Does that make me old?

ali cross said...

I was never a fan of The Crow, but I LOVED Buffy.

i STILL LOVE Buffy. We own the whole series on DVD and we occasionally watch it all the way through and still LOVE it, lol.

But yes . . . I am old. :(

Unknown said...

I guess I'm officially old, too, since I know all these, right?

Miles - running for 4.25

Adele said...

I don't just know those, I was at school still and I love all of them. I have sooo much Crow stuff and all but 1 season of Buffy and several of the Vampire books.

Deborah Talmadge said...

Hagelrat: I wish I had the Buffy seasons. Have the Vampire books. I'm a big fan of most of Ann Rice books. Though not all, sad to say.