Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Cash for Crunching My Car - Trading Up

TRADING UP TO A HUMMER


The guidelines in the House-passed bill state that large SUVs and trucks, typically considered gas guzzlers in everyday conversation, qualify for the $3,500 credit, and in some cases the $4,500 credit, depending on the trade-ins that come through the door for them. New Category 2 trucks -- like the Hummer H-3, Ford Explorer, Chevy Silverado, and Toyota Tundra -- qualify if they get at least 15 MPG combined, and get at least one mile per gallon more than the car or truck being traded in.

WOW - I could get a $4,500 rebate for trading up to a Hummer.

My government in action. Saving the environment (and the automobile industry) by selling more Hummers.

Who am I to argue with that?

I want the ultramarine blue limited.
You think we can talk them into letting me have an H2?

3 comments:

Lori-ann said...

Super cool, but I'll still take the Lamborghini!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Lori-ann. The Lamborghini is still my pick!

Unknown said...

I'm going to go with the Lamborghini too, but the chromed-out Hummer is nice. :)